Marucci CAT 9 Composite -10 USSSA Junior Big Barrel Baseball Bat: MJBBCCP9
The Cat 9 Composite is even available for the young stars working away within the Coach Pitch & Machine Pitch ranks of USSSA play!
Marucci doesn’t cut corners when it comes to their Junior Big Barrel bats. They build this Cat 9 Composite Junior Big Barrel in the same way that they build the standard drop 10 USSSA rated bat (kid pitch edition). They will put the MDX Composite Material on this bat and that material takes advantage of strategically angled composite fibers. The end result of the fibers being angled in advantageous ways is an ultra responsive barrel. As well, they incorporate the the incredible OLS (Outer Locking System) Connection Point that locks the barrel to the handle from the outside-in. The OLS system will limit the vibration that gets down to a player’s hands, but it also creates a really stiff feel at contact. The stiff feel is a feature that a lot of players are wanting nowadays (when compared to the “flex” feel that players really wanted about 10 years ago).
This bat is specifically designed for coach pitch or machine pitch baseball and because of that, we don’t recommend it for play where pitches are coming in at over 40-45 MPH (the broad statement would be to “keep it out of kid pitch play” even if some kids are throwing below 40-45 MPH speed). If you do expose the bat to velocities that are too high, the bat will likely crack. Also, Marucci does mention that this Junior Big Barrel edition bat could be slightly end loaded. That being said, we still believe that just about any hitter should be able to pick the bat up and have success!
Marucci is always trying to create loyal customers! Because of that, they do offer a twelve (12) month warranty on this bat! If you get the bat and discover a structural or performance issue on the bat within a year of the purchase, please reach out to the JustBats team of Bat Experts. These Bat Experts are trained in product and warranty knowledge and will certainly help you out in organizing a warranty replacement with Marucci!
- Free Shipping
- 2 3/4 Inch Barrel Diameter
- Drop 10 Length-To-Weight Ratio
- Slightly End Loaded Feel (Marucci & JustBats Believes That All Hitters Should Be Able To Handle It)
- Two-Piece, All-Composite Baseball Bat
- Features USSSA 1.20 (NTS Tested Stamp) Certification
- Designed For Use In Coach Pitch Or Machine Pitch Play. Not Designed To Hit Baseballs Thrown Harder Than 40-45 MPH.
- Colorway: Black | Grey | Red
- MDX Composite Material – Built With Multi-Directionally Patterned Layers Of Composite. End Result Is A Material Designed To Create An Ultra-Responsive Barrel.
- Outer-Locking System (OLS) – Attaches The Barrel To The Handle From The Outside In. This Provides One Of The Stiffest Connections Available And It Also Reduces Nearly All Vibration.
- Ring-Free Barrel Construction Allows For More Barrel Flex And Increases Performance With No Dead Spots
- Sting-Free Comfort Knob Has An Ergonomic Design To Increase Comfort And The Batter’s Ability To Control The Bat
- Micro-Perforated Soft-Touch Grip Provides Needed Tack & Comes With A 1.75 MM Thickness
- Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer’s Warranty